If you had a rather uneventful haul at the flower market don’t worry for we’ve all been there! And boy, do we have a fix for that! Sometimes having just one type of flower works perfectly fine too and you’ll soon see how! The vivid colours will brighten up even the greyest of Mondays as they are myhoogah tested!
- 10 to 15 stems – Gerbera (different colours)
- No flower market will ever run out of these for sure!
- 1 medium sized transparent vase
- Floral clippers
- Bring out the dainty glass vase that you have been hesitant to work with ever since you bought it for the fear of breaking it within the first minute.
- Carefully clip the ends of the flower stalks to roughly between 1½ time to 2 times the height of the vase.
- Fill the vase with sufficient water and lay out the flowers in their respective bunches.
- Place the flowers in one by one until the vase is considerable full.
- Do not overcrowd the vase. If the arrangement looks too cramped pull out a few to ensure the flowers have enough breathing space.
- Your one flower showstopper is now ready to take center stage!
- Tall vases usually work best with Gerberas given their inherent height.
- Using a transparent vase will do wonders and the stems of the flowers are quite pleasing themselves and make for interesting patterns under water.
- Change the water in the vase on a daily basis to ensure the flowers last longer for we would want this around for as long as we possibly could!
TRY THIS HOOGAH
- If you have more than enough flowers make two bunches of varying heights and place them in different vases. You can never have enough florals!
- Accompany the vase with a floating arrangement using the same flowers. You could check out some myhoogah recommendations that we have!