Cake hoogah got better with these super cute DIY cupcake liner cake toppers. Transform those already pretty cupcake wrappers into stunner cake toppers.
- 6-8 nos: Cupcake liners / wrappers
- 6-8 nos: Small pompoms
- Cotton thread roll
- Sewing needle
- Craft glue
STEP 1: Material Set-Up
- Select the colours and patterns of the cupcake liners
- You could choose to stay in one colour or experiment with a palette
- We’ve gone for the Christmas cheer!
STEP 2: Make the cone
- Very delicately, flatten the cupcake liner into a flat circle.
- Don’t completely remove the creases from the liner.
- Fold the flattened cupcake wrapper in half.
- Fold the ends to make a cone. Staple the ends.
- Repeat the process for other cupcake liners.
STEP 3: Top it with Pom poms
- Paste tiny pom poms at the pointed end of the cones
- Craft glue works well for this.
- Let them dry for 10-15 minutes
- It should resemble tiny party hats
- Repeat the process for the rest of the cones
STEP 4: Skewer them, and it’s done!
- Stand in front of the cake at the eye level of the cake topper
- Insert the bamboo skewers at different heights, distances and angles
- Add as many as you please
- Place the cupcake liner cones on top of the bamboo skewers
- Voila, your cupcake liner cake toppers are ready. Hoogah on!
- Now take a cupcake and place the tiny hats on it.
- If you’re using a big cake, you can either place the hats directly on the cake or place little fondant animals on it wearing tiny hats for decor.