These unique, easy to make bookmarks will have you coming back for more!
Turns out, washi tape is way too much fun to just be used as tape! So we at myhoogah came up with these super cute DIY washi tape bookmarks that speak for themselves. These homemade bookmarks are super creative and totally turn up the fun quotient during reading hours.
- 1 Card Stock sheet
- Washi tapes rolls
- Pair of scissors
- Measuring scale
STEP 1: Material Set-Up
- Pick out the washi tape rolls (colours and patterns) of your choice.
- We’ve used a pastel pink and an aqua green colour combination for this bookmark.
STEP 2: Cut the cardstock sheet
- Cut the cardstock: Length – 10 cm; Width – 3.5 cm
STEP 3: Stick the washi tape
- Place the cardstock sheet on a flat surface
- Use two different colour washi tapes
- Stick washi tapes across the sheet. For this bookmark, we chose a diagonal pattern
- Feel free to create your own patterns – criss-cross, straight, random.. have fun!( while doing this bookmark is sticked to the surface)
- Ensure you leave extra edges of the tape on all sides. They will be trimmed later.
- Now remove the bookmark carefully from the surface holding from one side.
STEP 4: Finish the bookmark!
- Carefully flip the cardstock over.
- Trim out the extras to give the washi tape bookmark a neat finish.
Now that your adorable bookmark is ready, get ready to show it off to your book club gang!
- These super pretty, just peeping through washi tape bookmarks look great on your bookshelves
- Never run out of cute gift tags again! Punch a hole into these washi tape bookmarks, loop in some fancy twine and your gift tags are done!