Looking for the perfect drink to wind up that exhilarating yoga session? Well, look no further because we have got you covered! This grapefruit infused water with shy hints of rosemary will instantly energise you leaving you all ready to brave the day ahead of you!
Prep your bottles with this refreshing concoction and refrigerate. You can now carry around your very own grapefruit infused water wherever you go! A couple of sips is all it will take, we promise!
This grapefruit infused water will have a particular tartness to it, making it an interesting drink. Yes, we’re probably calling this a drink over an infused water. Given the aromatic and curious combination of grapefruit and rosemary, it’s definitely more of the former.
Grapefruit & Rosemary Infused WaterPrint
FOR INFUSED WATER
- 1 Ruby red grapefruit
- 1 Rosemary (sprig)
- 1 ltr Water
- 1/2 Ruby red grapefruit (wedges )
- 2-3 Fresh Mint / Pudina (sprigs)
- 2-3 Rosemary (sprigs)
CHOOSE FRESH & ORGANIC
- Fruits are generally waxed or sprayed with chemicals
- We would often use the rind, zest or add the whole fruit for the infusion
- Hence, always invest in high quality, organic and ripe fruits
CLEAN WELL BEFORE USE
- Clean the grapefruit under cold water, lightly brush it and dry them with towels
- Wash rosemary also with cold water
- Press them against paper towels and dry them. Trim the hard brown edges of the stalk
PREP THE GRAPEFRUIT
- Always cut against the grain of the fruit, you cut them into wedges or rounds
- For rounds,cut the grapefruit into half, and then slice it into thin pieces.
PREP THE HERBS
- Leave the rosemary as sprigs in the infusion
- Slap rosemary gently between 2 hands to release the oils. Don't crush or bruise them. Just need to give tiny pressure
MAKE THE FRUIT INFUSION
- In a large glass pitcher, place around 2-3 grapefruit rounds, or 5-6 grapefruit wedges
- Add a rosemary sprig in it. Rosemary has a very strong flavor. Hence, use it sparingly
- Pour one-liter water into the glass jug
- Refrigerate the infused water for min 30 minutes (atleast), before consuming
- If you don’t like having your water chilled, then leave the jug at room temperature
- If using infused water bottle, the water will infuse quickly
- Add some ice cubes and enjoy. Keep refilling them through the day
- Use the leftover fruit slices for garnish
- Cut the grapefruit into semi-circles or triangles and place them at the rim of your glass or drop them inside
- Or you can simply place a clean and washed rosemary sprig if you are a total fan of the flavour.
- Or else, just drop in some mint leaves or a sprig for enhanced flavor
Carry some grapefruit infused water (aka detox water) to your office. All you need to do is keep sipping on this goodness
Infused waters are pretty picture-perfect for your brunch parties. These beautiful thirst quenchers can be placed at your dining table
Add in sparkling water to spruce up your drink
Use a drop of stevia to add a little bit of sweetness, but remember to keep it healthy
1/2 Teaspoon of grapefruit zest is optional if you like the bitterness
Adding a couple of spoons of grapefruit juice will enhance the flavour
Try other combinations with Grapefruit like cinnamon, fresh raspberry, strawberry
Keep a bottle of chilled water ready for infusion or keep some ice
Squeeze grapefruit to have some concentration ready to speed up your infusion
Cut all your garnishes ahead-washed and place it in a bowl, covered & refrigerated
Freezing rosemary preserves the flavour, aroma and even the fresh green colour!
Best served chilled (recommended) or with ice cubes
If using outdoors, place the glass pitcher in an ice bath
Use glass pitchers with lids that will help you strain out the infusions
Use everyday water glasses or balloon shaped water glasses to serve.
Refrigerate the infused water in glass bottles or jars itself for easy consumption
Always cover the infused water with a lid
If open pitcher, use a cling film. This will help avoid any residual smells into the infused water from the refrigerator
Remove the rosemary or the rind after 4 or more hours so that it does not dominate the flavour
Add garnishes just before service