Peanut Masala Salad has come a long way from a lip smacking street food snack to the most loved bar snack at various outlets. They can be made in many different ways and trust us, it all tastes so good!
The softly cooked peanuts(yet still Crunchy!) when mixed with chopped tomatoes and onions, flavoured with a good sprinkle of Indian spice creates a delectable taste, hard to leave your memory!
All you need now is few cold beers to relish the snack and watch a movie with your friends and family. Also make these for your kids and surprise them once they come back after playing. They would be thrilled to munch on and finish all of it within seconds.
Interesting facts about peanuts! They are a rich source of protein and have healthy fat and fiber.
Peanut Masala Chaat RecipePrint
- 1 cup Peanuts / Groundnuts (with skin )
- 11/2 cups water
- 1 Red Onion (finely chopped )
- 1 Fresh Tomatoes (medium sized, finely chopped )
- 1 Green Chillies (finely chopped )
- 1 tsp Red Chilli / Cayenne Powder
- 1/3 tsp Cumin Powder / Jeera Powder (roasted & ground)
- 1/3 tsp Chaat Masala
- 4 sprig Coriander / Cilantro (finely chopped )
- 1/2 lemon (squezzed )
- Salt (to taste )
- 1 Pressure Cooker
- 1 Lemon squeezer
- 1 Mixing bowl
- Add 1 cup of peanuts into the pressure cooker, add in 1 1/2 cups of water, 1 tsp of salt to taste
- Pressure cook the peanuts for 1 whistle, then switch off the heat
- Allow the pressure to release completely and open the lid. Drain any excess water present
- Take a mixing bowl, add chopped onions, tomatoes, coriander leaves, all the spices mentioned along with the boiled peanuts
- Using a lemon squeezer, squeeze out the lemon juice into the bowl. Add salt and give it a mix
- Once you have mixed well, give one last taste to see if you need any more seasoning
- You can relish the salad with some cold beers or a nice strong cup of coffee!
The easy way to make your snacks or appetizers interesting for your kids is by making an assortment of these snacks. Have an assortment of these peanut masala with some more ingredients like fresh cucumber, raw mango, grated carrot by the side.
Add in some fried masala papad and ask the kids to top them with these peanut masala along with the assortment of their choice. They can even break the papad and dip the papad into each of these assortments and feel happy about their snacks. A ‘Hoogah Moment’ experienced!
Serve it as a platter along with other kosambaris or salad by the side.
Serve it along with few cold beer for a movie night!
Relish it as an evening snack with your strong coffee by the side.
Store it in an airtight container for a day in the refrigerator.
If you are planning on keeping it for more than a day, make sure you do not add salt to the salad as it will leave out water and just when you serve sprinkle with salt and serve.